August 15-17, 2013 (Hong Kong, SAR)
Join the Port of Los Angeles (POLA) and Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) at the leading Asian market food exposition. This is the 24th year of the Hong Kong Food Expo sponsored by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council.
LARExC provided support for eight California companies to exhibit in the trade hall (B2B) at the 24th Annual Food Expo sponsored by the Hong Kong Trade Development (HKTDC). Funding was provided in part through a grant award with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) with support from the California State Trade Export Promotion (STEP) program, the California Centers for International Trade Development (CITD), and the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce.
Chinese consumers go crazy for Californian pistachios
California exports to Hong Kong and China hit over S2.5 billion
China consumes 17% of California’s pistachio crop
- Beverages (Alcoholic and Non‐Alcoholic)
- Bakery Products: Biscuits, Snacks & Confectionery
- Canned, Frozen & Processed Food
- Convenient & Instant Food
- Dairy Products
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Health, Green & Organic Food
- Meat & Poultry
- Noodles, Pastas, and Rice
- Sauces & Seasonings
- Food Packaging, Labeling, Safety & Logistic Products & Services
- Food Processing Products, Machinery & Related Services
- Government Organizations & Trade Associations
*Companies who are not eligible for California STEP may qualify for WUSATA support if they have been in business for at least one year. Additionally, your airfare, hotel and travel costs may be reduced through WUSATA.
- Business‐matching meeting arranged by HKTDC ($390 extra per company)
- Upon request, networking reception organized by HKTDC for U.S. companies to meet foreign buyers (ticket price TBD)
Spaces are limited, reserve your spot early! Register with HKTDC at http://www.hktdc.com/fair/hkfoodexpo-en/HKTDC-Food-Expo.html.