Title: Automated Export System (AES) Compliance Seminar
Dates: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
Location: LAX Flight Path Museum, 6661 Imperial Hwy, Los Angeles, CA 90045
Event Flyer: Download PDF
Contact: Shawn Shannon at (443) 895-8881 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $249.00 per person
Description: The Automated Export System (AES) Compliance Seminar is an all day program where experts from the Department of Commerce (Census Bureau and Bureau of Industry and Security) will speak on export filing requirements. Customs and Border Protection recognizes this programs a mitigating factor should a penalty be issued. Mitigating factors can lead to lower fines. We will discuss other mitigating factors as well. Seminar qualifies for 7 CES credits.
- Mandatory filing requirements
- How to avoid common penalties and seizure of cargo
- BIS export control requirements
- How to classify your product by Schedule B number and Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN)
- Best practices for maintaining compliance with export regulations
Can you answer the following?
- How do export regulations affect your business?
- What is the Automated Export System (AES) and how do you report your export information?
- Does your AES reporting comply with Export Administration Regulations?
- How do you report Commerce controlled exports in AES?
- Are you aware of upcoming regulatory changes that affect AES?
If you answered “no”or “I’m not sure”to any of the above questions,the AES Compliance Seminar can assist you.
Who should attend?
- Manufacturers, Suppliers, Order Parties
- Freight Forwarders
- Exporting Carriers
- Compliance Software Providers